Have you ever received a handwritten note that made you feel warm and fuzzy?
Did it make you feel special?
Did you appreciate the sender taking the extra time to write to you?
In today’s world, we communicate by text, emails, tweets, voicemail, and instant messaging; it’s all about being fast and first.
I realize it’s important to keep up with technology.
Every morning, I open my computer and glaze over hundreds of emails.
Have you ever missed that critical email?
You know the one…
The one you have been waiting for all week …
Five Reasons Why Sending a Note is Important?
If you have stopped handwriting notes altogether, here are a few reasons why you should re-consider.
- Handwriting a note is more personal than an email or text.
- Taking the time to write a note will make an impression on the recipient. It can become a useful business tool by standing out in the crowd.
- You can send little gifts or a business card along with a note .
- Receiving a hand written note makes the recipient feel special.
- It show cases the senders creativity and enthusiasm more so than sending an email.
Five Reasons to DIY Your Own Stationery
Yes, it is much easier to buy a box of notecards, which is perfectly acceptable and will accomplish the above…but here are a few reasons to DIY your own stationery.
- It can be less expensive when planning a large wedding or party.
- It’s a great way to include kids, for example when designing the family holiday or birthday card.
- It’s an economical way for small business to highlight their brand, especially when resources may not be available.
- The ideas and the creative process are endless.
- Not as restricted by cost.
Another great reason to DIY stationery, is it could turn into a business.
It’s easier than ever to turn your note cards into a lucrative business with today’s creative websites and home tools.
I made a set of notecards using my logo and branding colors. I used high-quality paper with a nice insert at a fraction of the cost.
By using both embossing and computer-generated techniques…it’s possible to produce a beautiful professional, personalized holiday card.
How To Make An Envelope, Envelope Liner and Notecard
As an Amazon affiliate, I found the items used for these projects and your shopping convenience at no extra charge to you! Your shopping may also help this blog!
The supplies needed to make decorative notecards are minimal and can be used over and over again.
- We R Memory Keepers Punch Board
- VersaMark Stamp Pad
- Heat Gun – (a hair dryer will not work)
- An assortment of stamps
- Assortment of different color embossing powder
- Cardstock and Decorative Paper
The We R Memory Keepers punch board is worth the investment. I used this to make the envelopes and the envelope liners.
There are many different brands on the market, but I found this easiest for me to use.
This video demonstrates how to make an envelope, an envelope liner and touches on how to emboss.
DIY Envelopes and Envelope Liners With Embossed Notecards
I am using embossing powder on paper, activated by a heat gun to give the design a raised and glossy effect.
Along with being decorative, embossing gives a design texture and dimension.
The fern is embossed with green embossing powder, which coordinates with the botanical envelope liner.
The hydrangea is embossed with black embossing powder.
Embossing is a great way to personalize a notecard to give it a professional look.
DIY Envelopes and Envelope Liners With Notecards Made on the Computer.
I used my Silhouette to design these notecards. Here are a few other sources: Canva, PicMonkey, Photoshop, and some Word Processing Programs.
Make a simple border with a nice font.
This crab image I pulled from my Silhouette library. The are many websites that allow users to download free images; just make sure it’s from a reputable website and understand the rules.
If you think you will enjoy making decorative notecards, here are other DIY posts you may enjoy.
A List of Supplies For Making Envelopes and Envelope Liners
As an Amazon affiliate, I found the items used for these projects and your shopping convenience at no extra charge to you!